Smores are a really popular camping treat and we hear a lot about it, especially from people living in the USA. Can we recreate this famous recipe in Australia? Here’s everything you need to create your own Australian Smores.
You may or may not have heard of the campfire classic treat… Smores.
An American descendant we are now seeing crop up at Australian campsites.
So how do you Smore Australian style?
Simple, we sub the American ingredients for some of Australia’s finest.
For the American Recipe with American Ingredients, click here.
- A pack of Tim Tam
- A bag of marshmallows
- A pack of Arnotts, Marie, or McVities biscuit (whichever you prefer)
- Gather everyone around the campfire.
- Get the biscuit of your choice and put a piece of Tim Tams on it.
- Using a long stick, cook the marshmallow over the fire – or whatever method you prefer, until it turns brown or toasted.
- Place the cooked marshmallow on the biscuit that has the Timtam on it.
- Create a sandwich by putting another biscuit on the marshmallow, letting the marshmallow ooze a little bit.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds so the warm marshmallow can melt the Tim Tam.
- Eat and enjoy!