After a day full of adventure and fun, who would not want a late-night kebab? This Campsite Beef Kebab recipe is a bit more classy than your regular greasy doner. It is easy to prepare, easy to cook yet packed with flavour! These are the best campsite cooking:
- 800g of beef (rump steak or tender cuts)
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4-6 Paris mushrooms
- 10cl of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Espelette pepper
- 4 pitta bread (optional)
Serving: 4 kebabs
- Wash and dice the peppers and onion
- Cut the mushrooms in half and chop the meat into cubes (2.5cm)
- Assemble the brochettes. Using a wooden skewer, alternate the ingredients and set aside.
- In a dish, add a little olive oil and a pinch of espelette pepper to the brochettes.
- Marinate for about an hour.
- Add salt to the marinated brochettes.
- Heat the grill.
- Grill each side for two to three minutes.
- You can serve them in the skewers along with some salad or you can remove the skewers and serve them in lightly toasted pitta bread.
- If you want it spicy, drizzle it with some hot sauce for the authentic kebab shop feel.
Bonus Tip: Never add salt to anything you marinate (meat, fish, vegetables), or you can lose the natural juices of the food.
To read more of Campsite Cooking tips, click here.