Terms and Conditions
WIN A GENERATOR PLACE JUMP STARTER 28000
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY 2019 (July/August/September)
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants) who have purchased a Honda generator from the Generator Place. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
- The promotion commences at 10-00AM (AEDT) on 15th July, 2019 and new entries close at 10:00am (AEDT) on the 13th of September, 2019 (Promotional Period).
- Entry will also be available via the Promoter’s Facebook Page and via email invitation to existing customers. All entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the competition.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, complete an entry as follows:
- Visit the promoters Facebook page and complete the Messenger process during the promotional period. Entrants will be asked to post their image on messenger and provide their contact details;
- Or Enter the competition via the Promoters email system as a reply to the email received and complete the online entry form at any time during the promotional period;
- fully and correctly complete the entry form, including providing the Entrant’s full name, mobile telephone number, valid email address and then post an Image of a Honda Generator at a leisure or work site;
- The promoter reserves the right to remove any offensive or otherwise unacceptable comments and images from the Facebook page.
- The best images will be selected by the promote who will the ask for followers to pick the best picture overall. The best image and post will be the winner.
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Any subsequent entry by the same person after the first valid entry is received from that person will be deemed invalid.
- Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Entrant on their entry form will deem their entry invalid.
- The winner will be the image/post which receives the most likes and/or positive comments. The winner will be notified by phone and email by September 30th, 2019 and announced by email and on Facebook to all entrants. All reasonable steps to notify winners of the results of the Draws will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive one (1) Generator Place Jump Starter, valued at $399.00.
- The winner will be contacted by the Promoter to arrange for delivery of the prize to their usual residential address. Delivery of a prize is subject to availability, but is anticipated to be within ten (10) days from the date a winner is notified that they have won.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the identity and age of the winner before issuing the prize.
- The prize value is $399.00; The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prize cannot be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner may be required to sign eligibility form(s), code(s) of conduct and/or legal release(s) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw which will take place at 8 Central Court, Browns Plains, QLD 4118, as is necessary on 1PM AEDT 20th October, 2019 in order to distribute any prize (if any) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. In the event of any winner(s) in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner(s) will be notified in writing (email) and by phone. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
- If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
- If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide alternative prize(s) to the same value as the original prize(s), subject to any written directions made under applicable State legislation.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims (where applicable).
- If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide or display to each Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 .
- By entering the promotion and by not opting-out in the manner required on the entry form, Entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s Personal Information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information about the Promoter, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share an Entrant’s Personal Information with its Australian and overseas related companies, servants, employees and agents who may contact the Entrant for their legitimate commercial purposes, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials in this way. By entering the promotion and not opting-out, Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter and any applicable third parties may use their Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
- In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010(Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Promoter: Generator Place (ABN 57 185 103 452) of 8 Central Court, Browns Plains, QLD 4118; telephone: 1800 503 003