WIN A HONDA GENERATOR FROM THE GENERATOR PLACE
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY 2021 (First Half Draw)
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
3. The promotion commences at 12noon on 30th November 2020 and closes at 9:00am (AEDT) on the 7th June 2021 (Promotional Period).
PROMOTIONAL SITES and WEBSITE
4. The promotion will be conducted at individual stands at selected shows and exhibitions in QLD, NSW, VIC, SA and WA (each, a Promotional Site), of which there will be approx 40 Australia wide. Entry will also be available via the Promoter’s Website (www.generatorplace.com.au) on the Win a Generator Page. All entries received during the Promotional Period will be divided into the following State/Territory groups for the purpose of awarding prizes in this promotion: 1 prize for NSW and 1 prize for all other locations including VIC, SA, WA, and QLD (each, a State Group). Entries received from TAS, NT and the ACT will be included in the other states draw.
HOW TO ENTER
5. To enter, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, complete an entry as follows:
a. Visit a representative of the Promoter at the assigned area of a Promotional Site between the hours of 8-00AM to 6-00PM AEDT (or the show opening hours) or access the Promoters entry forms either on an IPAD or similar device or on Paper entry forms or;
b. Enter the competition via the Promoters website (www.generatorplace.com.au) and access the online entry form on the competition page at any time during the promotional period and;
c. fully and correctly complete the entry form, including providing the Entrant’s full name, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, and answering the following promotional question;
“Yes! Send me information on Generators, updates, special offers & coupon codes”.
6. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted for the 2021 competition. Any subsequent entry by the same person after the first valid entry is received from that person will be deemed invalid.
7. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Entrant on their entry form will deem their entry invalid.
8. Each prize will have its own draw at 8 Central Court, Browns Plains, QLD 4118, on the date and time AEDT set out below (each, a Draw). All entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the corresponding Draw for each State to determine one (1) winner for that Group. The winners will be notified by phone and email and their names and location will be announced in an email to all entrants, by the 9th June 2021. All reasonable steps to notify winners of the results of the Draws will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Draws will be held as follows:
7th June 2021
7th June 2021
9. For each Draw, the first eligible entry randomly drawn from all entries received during the Promotional Period will win one (1) Honda EU22i Portable Generator, valued at RRP $2,099.00.
10. The winners will be contacted by the Promoter to arrange for delivery of the prize to their usual residential address. Delivery of a prize is subject to availability, but is anticipated to be within twenty-eight (28) days from the date a winner is notified that they have won.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the identity and age of the winner before issuing the prize.
12. The total prize pool value for each State Group is as follows: NSW: $2,099.00; All other States and Territories $2,099.00. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prizes cannot be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
13. It is a condition of accepting a prize that winners may be required to sign eligibility form(s), code(s) of conduct and/or legal release(s) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
14. The Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw for each Group which will take place at 8 Central Court, Browns Plains, QLD 4118, as is necessary at 1PM AEDT 28th June, 2021 in order to distribute any prize(s) (if any) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. In the event of any winner(s) in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner(s) will be notified in writing (email) and by phone. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
17. An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
18. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
19. If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide alternative prize(s) to the same value as the original prize(s), subject to any written directions made under applicable State legislation.
20. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims (where applicable).
22. If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide or display to each Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 .
23. By entering the promotion and by not opting-out in the manner required on the entry form, Entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s Personal Information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information about the Promoter, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share an Entrant’s Personal Information with its Australian and overseas related companies, servants, employees and agents who may contact the Entrant for their legitimate commercial purposes, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials in this way. By entering the promotion and not opting-out , Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter and any applicable third parties may use their Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
24. In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Promoter: Generator Place (ABN 64 646 697 681) of 8 Central Court, Browns Plains, QLD 4118; telephone: 1800 503 003.