A 2kva generator is one of the best workhorse classes of power machines. Homeowners often swear by this power equipment because of its compact size and convenient outlets.
In this article, we listed down some appliances that a 2,000-watt generator can run, including the most common equipment found in most homes, caravans, and camper setups.
What Can You Run With A 2kVA Generator? | The Generator Place
Are you planning on purchasing a generator, but don’t really know how much power you need for your home or caravan? Each appliance has a different power demand, which means you should invest in a generator that could produce the needed amount.
Many homeowners swear by 2,000-watt generators, or 2kVA generators, as one of the best workhorse classes of power machines. This is mostly because of the equipment’s compact size and convenient outlets.
To many, 2,000 watts may not sound like it can power a lot. This prompts many to ask, what can you run on a 2,000-watt generator?
What home appliances can a 2kva generator power?
- A 2,000-watt generator can power several appliances commonly found in a caravan or home. This includes a 500-watt deep freezer and an element of the electric stove
- A 2kva generator can run most freezers, a 650-watt microwave, and a few lights
- The typical electric range with 8” elements will use all the generator’s power
- A 2kva generator can run a 300-watt slow cooker or a 1,700-watt electric grill
Sump Pumps and Well Pumps
- A 2,000-watt generator can power a sump pump and keep your basement flood-free during a storm or a power outage.
- You could use the same generator to run a 1,000-watt water well pump.
- A 2kva generator cannot power your hot water heating system.
- A 2kva generator can handle the load of a caravan air conditioner. A typical unit has a 2,200-watt starting rate but only needs 1,500-watts to run.
- A mid-sized refrigerator needs 1,200-watts on start before dropping down to 200-watts.
- You can run a 1,200-watt refrigerator, a third horsepower sump pump, and a desktop computer all at the same time.
- A 2kva generator can run the average 1,300-watt radiant heater during a power outage.
- A 2,000-watt generator can run a radiant heater, several lights, and a couple of fans.
We also listed a rough estimate of the running wattage of some of the most common appliances found in homes and RVs.
- Incandescent Light Bulb – 60 watts
- Refrigerator/Freezer – 700 watts
- Microwave – 800 watts
- Toaster – 850 watts
- Coffee Maker – 800 watts
- Dishwasher – 300 watts
- Electric stove – 1,500 watts
- Small AC unit – 1,200 watts
- Laptop – 200 watts
- Television – 200 watts
- Phone charger – 5 watts
A 2kva generator provides homeowners with an incredibly versatile source of power, especially during outages. However, experts warn against pushing your generator to its maximum capacity to avoid causing an overload.
Are you planning on investing in a portable generator?
Here at The Generator Place, we offer customers top-quality products at competitive prices. Our customers can always find exclusive deals to ensure that each investment is worth the money.